Covid-19 (April 2022)
We expect to operate the vast majority of our scheduled holidays from 2022 onwards.
We will of course continue to monitor the Covid-19 situation closely. As a UK company we adhere to advice given by the UK Foreign & Commonwealth Office (FCO). You can find out more and check for updates about specific countries on their website FCO Travel Advice
We will also help you through the process to ensure you comply with any necessary covid requirements, such as testing and forms (e.g. Passenger Locator Forms)
Please make holiday payments as usual, by the date shown on your holiday statement, unless:
- The FCO advise against non-essential travel to the holiday destination. In this case we advise you to contact your travel insurance provider to discuss making a claim with them.
- A quarantine period is mandatory upon arrival in the holiday destination
- The holiday destination has been closed to British tourists
- There is a national lockdown in the UK making it impossible to travel
If the FCO advice changes its advice against all non-essential travel to your holiday destination we will offer either a full refund or other options, as follows:
Postpone holiday – either alternative dates this year or the following year for the same holiday.
Alternative holiday – we can discuss moving your booking to a different holiday, for this year or next. If it is the same price no charges will be made, if less we refund the difference, if more expensive you pay the difference.
If there is no Government advice against travel to your destination our usual cancellation policy will apply (see under heading ‘cancellations and changes by you’.
If you opt to cancel your holiday before we have officially cancelled it, our usual booking terms and conditions will apply. It may be possible to claim back our cancellation charges from your insurers.
If you are unable to take part in your holiday due to testing positive for Covid-19, we ask that you contact your travel insurer to make a claim. If your claim is unsuccessful, we may still be able to offer you a full refund, minus any non-recoverable costs we have incurred.
Covid-19 whilst on holiday
Greenwings will continue to adhere to all relevant government advice and guidelines to ensure we are compliant, but more importantly, that we keep you safe on holiday with us.
Before your holiday we will inform you on any specific requirements in your destination country. For example, mask use (type, when, where etc), any testing requirements or forms/paperwork to have with you.
If you test positive close to the time of your holiday start date, please contact us so we can discuss your booking and options with you.
Covid-19 Travel Insurance
We recommend that you take out adequate insurance to cover you for Covid-19. It should include the following protection against:
- If you have COVID-19 and are unable to travel
- If any of your travelling companions have COVID-19 and are unable to travel
- If you’re denied boarding your plane due to a positive test for COVID-19
- Emergency medical expenses cover when overseas
- Repatriation cover to help you get back home
- Cover for additional accommodation and transport overseas